LAUSANNE, Switzerland - (March 23, 2021) - The 3rd World Taekwondo Annual Taekwondo Medical Online Seminar was held on March 21 with 55 participants from 30 countries taking part in the meeting.
Speakers from the World Taekwondo Medical Committee were joined by expert guest speakers who delivered reports on a number of key medical topics pertinent to taekwondo.
Key reports included a medical report from the 2019 World Taekwondo Championships, information on the World Taekwondo Injury and Illness Surveillance and Prevention Program and presentations on oral health; hand, wrist and knee injuries in Taekwondo athletes; common medical issues in Para Taekwondo athletes; and anti-doping and safeguarding.
The World Taekwondo Medical Committee was represented by:
- Dae Hyoun Jeong
- Frank Duren
- Nambi Ramamoorthy
- Christina Allen
- Halim Jebali
While Guest Speakers included:
- David Michael O’Sullivan PhD, Hee Seong Jeong PhD (IOC Research Centre Korea)
- Prof. Ian Needleman FDI (World Dental Federation) a member of Sports Dentistry Expert Group
- George Pujalte Sports Medicine Specialist Mayo Clinic
- Phil Sharma-Woodland, GB Taekwondo Performance Nutritionist
- Mindy Siegel MD USTKD
Click here to see the agenda of the seminar.
- World Taekwondo announce Taekwondwon as host of new World Taekwondo Grand Prix Challenge
- World Taekwondo Council revises Statutes to meet highest international governance standards