LIMA, Peru (September 30, 2016) - The 2nd day of the 10th World Taekwondo Poomsae Championships in Lima, Peru, saw medals awarded in team, pair and individual competitions across 11 divisions.
Five countries won two gold medals each: the Philippines, Iran, China, the Republic of Korea and the USA, while Germany won the remaining available gold medal.
The results can be found below:
- In the teams male over 30 division, the Philippines took gold over Turkey whilst Iran and the USA took the bronze medals.
- In the teams female over 30 division, Iran went all the way to win gold, with the USA winning silver and Finland and Russia winning bronze medals.
- Over in the teams male Cadet division, China ousted Vietnam to take the gold with Peru, in front of a home crowd, winning bronze along with the USA.
- In the Junior division of the pair competition, the Republic of Korea took the title with Mexico winning silver, and Iran and the USA finishing with bronze medals.
- In the individual competitions on day 2, it was the Republic of Korea’s Jin-han Lee who won the male under 50 division beating Pok Sun Yang from the USA. The bronzes went to June Ninobla from the Philippines and Hayri Temel Alper from Turkey.
- In the individual male under 40 division, the Philippines could celebrate another gold medal thanks to Ernesto Guzman’s triumph over Iran’s Ali Salmani. The bronze medals were won by the Republic of Korea’s Do-gyeong Kim and Serbia’s Branislav Kuruca.
- In the individual female under 60 division, Germany’s Imke Turner overcame Mexico’s Patricia Martinez to win gold with the Republic of Korea’s Yeong-ae Seo and Austria’s Leni Niedermayr taking the bronze medals.
- In the individual female under 40 division, Atousa Farahmand Parsa from Iran was crowned the victor ahead of Russia’s Natalia Tipliakova. Finland’s Johanna Nukari and Turkey’s Serim Olgun Kahveci won the bronzes
- In the individual female over 65 category, it was victory for the USA thanks to Erica Linthorst’s efforts in overcoming Russia’s Valentina Kontorina. The bronzes were awarded to Olga Maria Bustos from Colombia and Lis Borring from Denmark.
- In the Freestyle team over 17 division, China took gold with Vietnam taking silver and Denmark and the Philippines in the bronze medal positions.
- In the Freestyle individual male under 17 division, the USA’s Tyler Dao took gold with Turkey’s Enes Doguhan Bilgin gaining silver. Vietnam’s Anh Tuan Bui and Canada’s Mark Bush won bronze medals.
The Championships will continue over the next two days and can be watched live on the WTF YouTube Channel.
This year’s Championships has a record number of participants (55 countries, 760 athletes) competing and there will be total of 36 gold medals in both Recognized poomsae and Freestyle Poomsae.
DAY 2 (September 30, 2016)
- [RESULT] Pairs Junior.pdf
- [RESULT] Teams M Cadet.pdf
- [RESULT] Teams F Over30.pdf
- [RESULT] Teams M Over30.pdf
- [RESULT] Freestyle Teams Over17.pdf
- [RESULT] Freestyle Individuals M Under17.pdf
- [RESULT] Individuals F Over65.pdf
- [RESULT] Individuals F Under40.pdf
- [RESULT] Individuals M Under50.pdf
- [RESULT] Individuals M Under40.pdf
- [RESULT] Individuals F Under60.pdf
- Gold Medals Won by Seven Different Countries During 3rd day of the World Taekwondo Poomsae Championships
- Under 30 Individual Male Final : Yuxiang ZHU (CHN) vs Kwang-ho PARK (KOR) _10th World Poomsae Championships